As you climb the ladder to the loft, you notice an immediate difference. For starters, instead of wooden flooring and hay in this loft, the floor is covered by a soft, burgundy carpet. The walls have been painted a cream color. The windows, unlike the small gaping holes one usually sees in a loft, are tall, nearly the whole height of the wall, covered by glass. Directly in front of you is a large wardrobe, the contents of which can be seen because one of the doors is open: Scrolls, clothing, and various little jars of things. In one corner of the spacious area is a bed, with sheets matching the cream-and-burgundy coloring on the walls and floor.
Sprawled out on the bed, with her nose buried in a scroll, is a young, brown-haired woman. This is Ty, the 19-year-old daughter of Ares, and occupant of this fine room:
- Name: Ty
- Age: 19
- DOB: 8th day of Wort Moon (August 8)
- Height: 5 feet, two inches
- Weight: Unknown
- Eye color: Violet
- Hair color & style: Dark brown with lighter brown streaks, usually somehow pulled back away from her face
- Distinguishing features (piercing, scars, birthmarks, etc): She has a star-shaped birthmark on the back of her neck, which she actually colored in with dyes to make it look like a tattoo.
- Clothing style/favorite outfits: A dark green off-the-shoulder shirt, purple skirt, black tights, and fur-lined boots.
- Powers/special abilities (and their limitations): Ambient mage who specializes in wild magic. She can speak to animals telepathically and in their native tongues. As her powers develop, she will be able to turn into animals.
- Weapons/fighting style: She carries daggers in her boots Her preferred fighting style is to play innocent, then attack when they're not looking
- Family background/lineage: Her father is Ares. Her mother, a hedgewitch, was killed some time ago
- Education: She was taught everything she knows by her mother
- Skills, abilities and talents: Picking locks
- Areas of expertise: Tracking
- Weakness(es): Sleepy drugs make her powers malfunction
- Occupation: None
- Past Occupations (if any): Thief
Goals & Needs
- Good, bad or neutral: Good
- General personality type: Cautious, sort of an odd-fish because she'd rather talk to horses than "two-leggers"
- Introvert/extrovert: Introvert
- Method of dealing with anger: Spending a few days alone...that or throwing things
- Philosophy of life: Be nice to people you don't like; it frustrates 'em to no end
- Fears: Slave traders, bear traps, and small, enclosed areas
- Pet peeves and gripes: People messing with her stuff
- Relationships with parents/family: Well, her father wants her dead, her mother -is- dead. Most of her family's got some degree of weirdness. She gets along quite well with her pets, though.
- Things that make uncomfortable or embarrass: She has a tendancy to randomly lapse into bird languages.
- Traumas/psychological scars from the past: Quite a few. Her mother was killed when she was 10. At age 17, she was captured by slave traders. Being stuck on a slave ship for a year has left her with fairly bad claustrophobia
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Most crucial experience(s) that helped mold the character's personality/attitude: The traumas from her past have all contributed to her having people issues.
- Problems with the law/authority (if so, for what?): She spent five years as a thief, thus, she's had her share of issues with the law.
- Short-term goals: Learn how to speak dragon
- Long-term goals: Learn how to shape-change
- Short-term needs: Learn to fight
Character history/Intro story
- Hobbies: Stargazing, potion-making, sleeping
- Interests: Alchemy, weren creatures
- Home when away from the academy: A cave in the woods. She rarely goes home to Namorn, her country of birth
- Home & neighborhood description: Back when she was actually living in her homeland, she lived in a flood-ravaged village called Pofkim. Her house was at the very edge of their street, close to the woods. The village itself was good-sized, but flooding left a good deal of the houses uninhabitable. Thus, it was rather crowded.
- Hometown: Pofkim Village, Namorn
- Major problems to solve or overcome: Fear/wariness of people
- Minor problems to solve or overcome: Claustrophobia
She grew up living with her mother in her mother's homeland of Namorn. At age ten, she lost her mother when the village was attacked. Over the next several years, she lived with her (at the time) three pets: a horse called Jazmyn, a wolf called Leyton, and a falcon called Theo. Being as her closest companions were animals, she spoke to them on a regular basis. When she turned thirteen, the animals she talked to began talking back. Though she didn't understand it at first, she worked to develop that 'gift' as a hedgewitch called it.
During all of this, she made a living as a pickpocket. At age fifteen, she began working and studying at Cheiron's Academy. She left two years after she came there, leaving her pets behind and planning to go to Pofkim to pay homage to her mother's gods. However, halfway to Namorn, the ship she stowed away on was attacked by a slave trader ship. She spent a year and a half stuck on the ship, unwanted for anything.
At some point, she discovered that one of their next stops was Athens. As the ship drew nearer to the docks, she feigned her own death. The traders threw her overboard, just in case she had some illness that the other potential slaves could catch. She swam to shore, and began making her way back to the Academy. She arrived just short of her nineteenth birthday.
How did you wind up at the Academy?
After an attempt to pick the pocket of one Prince Jason of Corinth, Ty was brought to the Academy to work in the stables to pay off the debt, while at the same time trying to make it as a cadet.
Click the picture to send Ty a scroll:
Ooo! Ty won an award!
Back to the Stables
Back to the YHU main page